Monday, August 13, 2007

When it's all said and done

I'm about to pull out of SF and begin the crossing... so this is a quick post.

San Fran turned out pretty well. I was able to see Eric Lantzman* and Ann Cain, from Colby. Peter Turk, who was visiting his friend Sep, was out here as well...

Lantzman and Maggie are doing well. I actually caught them after they saw Avenue Q, which is supposedly a funny show. We headed over to a new bar in SF called Breezers... the "bar-temptress" made a really weird concoction for Eric that brought bourbon, lime, ginger ale and (wait for it) cucumbers together. Highly odd, but it didn't taste half-bad.

On Saturday, Ann and I headed up to Russian River and sampled a bit of wine. I highly recommend Armida and Hop Kiln Wineries. I don't think either of these wineries distribute their products at all, but if you are interested in some local SF wines, I think they send them out.

Other than that, I hung around and had a generally good time. I'm a big fan of just hanging around SF. It has great weather... meaning that it's nice, but a bit cold. It's like those great fall days in New England when you want to be outside, but you have to put on something warm.

I guess that's it. I think I did everything I wanted while I was here... I hit up wine country, I crossed the Golden Gate Bridge (which I didn't do last time), I checked out the Presidio and even went up to the Palace of Fine Arts. For now, I'm headed into the mountains. I think I've secured a camera from Pete, but I will pick that up in Colorado, which means I will have missed some of the really great scenery in the United States. Such is life, I guess.

More later,
Todd

* Eric's link is actually real. The others, I just typed their name into Google and picked whatever came up. Eric actually got the Eric we all know and love.

No comments: