Sunday, August 12, 2007

San Fran... so far


Just to get you right into what is going on right now, there are two women (maybe 50 feet from me) who doing what I can best describe as extreme hoola-hooping. They sort of look like they're exercising or maybe like they are practicing to dance in a strip club. I can't decide whether to be attracted or laugh hysterically. I guess since I haven't turned away since they started and I've been laughing out loud a little bit, my decision is that both are true. I apologize to all of you for forgetting my camera, because I otherwise be able to take a picture or even give you all a video of whatever the hell they would call this.

In lieu of an actual video of these women... here is the closest thing I can find.

2 comments:

Pete Big Bear said...

Todd,
BTW this is John. Enjoying the posts as school starts today. Wishing I was on the road. Monterrey was one of my favorite spots. Did you get a chance to go to the aquarium with all the jellyfish? Keep up the writing it helps me pass the time in Memphis while temps are well over 100 degrees.

Unknown said...

I was definitely in a Tortilla Flat or Cannery Row mood, so I left my wallet and phone in my car (in retrospect... not such a great idea, but nothing bad happened). I wandered down to Cannery Row and pretended I was a Steinbeck character (Pilon was in mind). I walked around the aquarium and checked out the seals in the water and then proceeded to search for Doc's Western Biological. I found something I would like to believe was the actual building, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't... Apparently, all of the characters and places in Cannery Row were based on actual people and places... too cool.