Friday, August 10, 2007

Morro Bay

This is an excellent place… I don’t want to write too much about it (since I just posted, and I don’t think I could do this place justice).

I stayed in Morro Bay State Park, and then walked around the estuary area. It is an incredible area... beautiful scenery (the photo is of the Morro Rock) and it is a spot where fresh water and the sea meet… which is to say it's not just geography but an important eco-system that is amazing. For those of you who want to actually read a bit about it, this is an overly-simplistic explanation of the Eel Grass present in the estuary.

As I am leaving momentarily, I will just give you a list of things you should and shouldn’t do while in Morro Bay….

You shouldn’t arrive to late in the evening and rely on Google Maps to get you around because most of the roads in the State Park are not mapped. You should greet everyone you see with, “Morning (or the like).” You shouldn’t add anything extra to your greeting, like “How are you,” or “it’s a great day.” You will only get confused-dirty looks from the locals. You should appreciate the eel grass that is present in the estuary. You should not try to eat the eel grass. You should make use of the campgrounds showers as they are spacious, clean and the water is very hot. You should not take more than 4 minutes to complete your shower or people will get upset and ask you how much longer you will be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Excellent stuff Todd. Your to do list reminds me of my favorite Scroobius Pip song/video: Thou Shalt Kill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoN6XfyQsr4

-zack

Unknown said...

That was actually hilarious! what made it better was that I watched it in Starbucks next to a girl who was studying for something. She stopped studying and watched it with me... I will not complain it that happens again.