Thursday, August 9, 2007

I have finished Los Angeles

Done... I have done everything I wanted to do here.

Car... done
Cafe Tropical... done
Sushi... done

I'm not saying it was a long list, but it is complete.

Kent McInnis was my host out here and was the keeper of the car after Carolyn went to jolly old England. Thank you, Kent.

For those of you who do not know, Cafe Tropical is pretty much the best coffee out there. I'm not sure how they make the coffee, but I see them messing around on the espresso machine and I also see them putting two types of coffee beans into each cup. The amount of caffeine in each cup is enough to make your eyes pop out of your head, but it is still some righteous coffee.

There's definitely a connection between the quality of the coffee and the fact that there is an AA meeting hall connected to the building... Recovering Alcoholics need good coffee.

And by the way... I'm using this terrible photo I found online because I forgot to bring my camera out here. I'm reduced to scrounging online for photos for anything I want to show on the blog until I get a camera of some sort. The plan is to have my camera sent out to Denver or something... This could be a really terrible blog if I don't get a camera soon.

In terms of Sushi, I did not make it to Hama Sushi (which is a rad place), but Kent and I did go to Azami Sushi, which was some of the best I have had. Apparently, it was a haunt of Carolyn and Matt's so the chef knew them and I think I got points for knowing some "important" clients.

Afterwards we headed to a bar called The Edison. It's an underground bar that used to be the Los Angeles power plant. It must have cost a pretty penny to convert it into a bar, but I guess La La Land is the place where these things can happen. They have a bunch of the machinery still in the bar... more accurately, the bar is set up around the machinery.

I'm about to pull out and head to San Fran, maybe stop in Morro Bay State Park... we'll see if I can start camping.

Oh yeah... I almost hit a pedestrian while driving around LA.

That's all.

No comments: