Friday, August 17, 2007

The Turk's house (I have a camera finally!)

First of all... I would like you all to notice this first photo in this posting. This is MY photo which means I am now in possession of a digital camera. I will continue to search through the internet to add content to this blog, but I now have the ability to get the actual shot I am looking for... yippee.

I can't begin to tell you all how much fun I had here at the Turk's house. It was like heading back to 51 Salisbury Lane in the old days. The city and state might be different, but the effect is exactly the same. I arrived on the 15th, and Sally and Pete greeted me with sandwiches and ice cream cake AND the Red Sox downstairs in the den (I told you it still feels like 51 Salisbury). The Sox ended up losing to the Devil Ray, which was terrible, but fortunately, the Yanks lost too.

We went out to Lodo's which is a sports bar in the area and then came back and enjoyed those pies my mom sent out.

On the 16th, I went out to Red Rocks and then toured the Coors Brewery. Red Rocks was downright incredible. I think I had this image in my mind of some mound of rocks out in the desert where a couple hippies decided to have concerts. NOT SO... Red Rocks is one of those natural wonders, and the reason they have concerts there is the acoustics are almost perfect. While I was there, I went to the absolute back of the amphitheater while they were performing a sound check on the drums (without mics) and I could hear them perfectly. Apparently, this was realized before the turn of the century, and has been a concert venue since then. Oh yeah, and the red rocks that are all over the area are killer. The geography would attract people separate from everything else.

Next it was on to the Coors Brewery tour. Great fun, but about half-way through the tour, all I could think about was the "tasting" at the end of the tour. Effectively, the tour takes you right through the brewery which is interesting, but not much was happening when I rolled through. The tour guide kept on saying, "When these machines are active, you would see..." I was able to sample Killians, Blue Moon and Harvest Moon. Even accounting for the increase in elevation, I think I handled myself with dignity and poise.

That night, Steve came back from a work trip and we grilled for dinner, and talked about our trips... Sally and Steve are headed into the Mountains for the weekend, and I'm headed to... well, let's see... I know I am headed somewhere...

The last bit of this entry will be devoted to the Turk's dog Zoe. In the line of the Turk Family dogs, Zoe stacks up against the rest (although no dog can step to Buffy). Zoe is a great mutt... intelligent, fun and active. As the picture shows, she does not like cameras (or any other technology for that matter.

No comments: